The International Doctorate in Entrepreneurship and Management (iDEM) is dedicated to promoting competitive, international-level research that makes a relevant scientific contribution and generates new knowledge in the broad fields of business and management, with special emphasis in entrepreneurship.
This PhD programme has been offered since 1978 in the Department of Business of the UAB and has successively been adapted to the legal context. In its present format the programme requires candidates to complete the UAB’s one-year Master in Applied Research in Economics and Business (MAREB) or an official research master in business, management, economics or other social sciences by an accredited university.
The programme has a clear international orientation.Over the last twenty years, students came from different countries from all around the world. The language of the programme is English, although PhD theses can also be written and defended in Spanish or Catalan. More than a half of the theses presented over the last five years were written in English.
- This PhD Programme offers an academic framework for scientific research in business and management with a particular focus on entrepreneurship.
- The programme is designed to develop skills for rigorous research.
- It will allow students to develop their PhD thesis upon solid theoretical backgrounds as well as to address relevant empirical questions.
- Students will be prepared to publish in high ranked international journals, undertake novel research, and present the results at academic conferences.
- Prepare graduate students for successful careers as researchers in the field
- Students who complete the programme are expected to contribute to the future development of knowledge and practice of the field.